my people

my people

Friday, July 2, 2010

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

After years of having The Notebook at the top of my favorite movie list I decided to go ahead and read the book as a comparison.  I have to say that If you've seen the movie, you don't really need to read the book.  The ending is different and in a way I find the ending to the book slightly creepy in a weird, old people kinda way. 

Allie and Noah lived a life that is definitely that of a love story, well, this is a love story.  They were together, then separated by things beyond their control, then brought back together by randon circumstances only to find out they love eachother even more than when they were younger.  Allie has to choose between Noah and Lon, between Love and Family, between her passion and her pride. 

This movie still tops my favorites list and this is sadly one book that I will say... just watch the movie and read Water for Elephants instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment